Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nissan Sentra Cruise Control Not Setting


Problem:

My Nissan Sentra cruise control had worked for about 6 years without issue.  Suddenly it wouldn't "set" about 50% of the time.  The cruise control would show "On" when I turned it on in the dashboard panel, but when I pressed "set", it wouldn't engage.

Solution:

My clutch was not being returned to its fully upright position.  I think is due to the age of the spring, but WD-40 didn't fix it.  I just have to hook my foot underneath it and lift it back to the right position if it doesn't go itself.

Musings:

This was a nice, easy, cheap fix.  If only all problems could be this easy...

But this one mystified me for a long time because I didn't realize that was a cruise start permissive.  If you look up cruise control issues online, it can apparently be quite a few different items that require a lot of labor to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment