Tuesday, August 20, 2013

As Seen On TV

Problem:

I usually ignore any TV/radio advertisements because I know they're complete garbage, but every once in a while the product looks interesting and reasonably priced.  I do my research and find that it's still a horrible rip-off and they must have a marketing genius working for them to cover it up.

Solution:

Don't give any TV/radio advertisement any credibility no matter how good it looks.  Don't listen/watch channels like this.  Seriously, it will probably improve your quality of life.

Musings:

Another one in my "this grinds my gears" posts.  This one is just ridiculous for how presumably obvious it is, but doesn't make any sense.  TV commercials must be like 419 scams, they purposefully screw up in order to weed out people too smart for their scam.

I could really understand if most advertistments were junk, but there are companies out there that make good products that need to advertise them, right?  Where do they go with their money?  Why are the channels I see always have pure junk?  This is the reason I laugh at my ISP when they try to sell me cable.  They would be better off making me pay them to not include it in my plan.

I know there will always be scams and people trying to rip me off and I have no problem with that, it's how the world works.  But do they have to get up in my face like this?  Usually when I'm watching TV, it's because it's a public location where I can't turn it off and have to listen to it.  I really hope these companies go out of business ASAP, but as soon as one collapses, another one takes its place.  If anything is the argument for a better educational system for our children, this is it.

As a warning, with the high noise/signal ratio on these ads, when I hear an advertisement for a product I use on these mediums, I cringe and start wondering why I'm paying for this service because they're probably ripping me off.  It's all about the company you keep.  And when the other advertistments are know criminals and sex offenders, your company looks really bad to be associating with them.  Protect your brand and know where you're advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment